Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bedknobs & Broomsticks (& Bedsheets).

Dear Kate,

You get a post! For reals! Actually, it's just the email that I sent you today (I thought it was blog-worthy, didn't you?) only reposted here in this font. I hope you think it's as great as I think it is. Right? Right.

I should probably mention at the start that Kate -- that's you -- has agreed to make my wedding gown. And I'm stoked. Enough to use the word 'stoked' without blushing. So now, this post will make COMPLETE sense. Sweet. I'm stoked again.

Well, Kate. I went to a bridal shop. But I went with my friend, Emily (also getting married), for her appointment at Priscilla's of Boston. If you check them out on the web, you'll get an idea of what this place is all about, and we -- Priscilla and I -- are not about the same things. But I digress.

PRIOR to going to Priscilla's Den of All Things Bridezilla, Emily and I scoured Saks, Lord & Taylor, and the shop of the designer that I call BCBGHankAzaria, but I think it's probably something else. I had seen this long, light blue, jersey cotton knit gown that BCBGHankAzaria had on his website. (For being a goofy actor, that Hank Azaria sure knows his stuff.) It was long, elegant, and pretty much everything I'd want in a gown, including my crazy off-the-wall idea of having a cotton wedding gown. Now, I don't think you could throw this gown in the washer -- and I might just want to do that with mine -- but it was remarkably comfortable... AS IF you could throw it in the washer. AS IF you'd want to wear it every day. Yes. You can find it here.

Now here's the big question: where do we find this fabric? IT IS AMAZING. I BELIEVE I MUST HAVE IT. That is all. I entertained the idea of buying bedsheets (I own a set in the same fabric and color; they sell them at Bed Bath & Beyond in white as well), but I don't know if that would be enough fabric? Or if you could even make a dress out of bedsheets? I'm not doubting your talent. I'm doubting the bedsheets.

Well, that's about it. There are pictures, but they haven't made their way to my inbox yet. I'll send them your way when they do.

- Meredith

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is: This lovely long gown is sure to make a statement.

Kate said...

Meredith, your entire *life* is blog-worthy. Seriously.

...oh, wait. That's right. This blog *is* about your life. Well, good job. Better you write about your life. It might be weird if someone else did it.

But really, I'm touched. About having a blog written to little ol' me. But even more so that you (and Matt) thought of me to make your gown. I can't wait. I'm super stoked. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Slim Goodbody,
You neglected to mention the ridiculously amazing, tragically overpriced creation I discovered in Priscilla's. You also neglected to inform this wonderful Kate that she should make it for me along with yours. I can buy bedsheets, too.

Sincerely,
I'm Not A Bridezilla

P.S. I actually think I have found someone to make it for me. Knock on wood/silk shantung.

sewing fanatic said...

Someone needs to ask this "I'm Not A Bridezilla" character that the maker of Meredith's dress would LOVE to see not only her favorite Priscilla dress (because she likes froofy things), but also the Priscilla dress that she (and everyone else) would most like to see on Meredith just for kicks. :)