Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Someone Should Really Help Sioux Get Up

Greetings from Sioux Falls, Matt Smith.

Ever have a day where you wake up, roll out of bed, and suddenly everything gets on your nerves? Even the smallest of things: dropping a glob of toothpaste in the sink, not being able to find something (car keys, a hairband, the remote), the sound of the fan in the bathroom, a malfunctioning cell phone. A day where even starting the car is a chore. (Okay. So starting MY car is a chore everyday. But everyone can't be that pitiful.)

TODAY is that day.
It's 9 o'clock in the evening now.

And, believe me... the hits just keep on coming.

I have no idea what causes these stupid annoyances during any given day. A bad night's sleep? Dinner the night before? A chemical imbalance?

All I know is, this morning when I went to get breakfast in the hotel lobby, I got mad at my tea bag.
A stupid, paper-tagged, Lipton tea bag.

And now... "Law & Order" isn't on. Katie-frickin'-Couric's doing some documentary on teens and sex. Hell. Is this really worth taking the highlight of my evening away from me? Is it? Tell me, Katie, because I need to know. This can't possibly be new information that you're spotlighting this evening -- teens and sex? Yes? They have sex. Ooooo! Such TABOOS you're covering! Such INSIDE information! After all, who wouldn't want to tell Katie Couric about their sex life?

But Sioux Falls is nice. If you're into that sort of thing. You know, Sioux. Falls. (Side note: The newscasts here keep calling the region "the Sioux Empire." Isn't that great? "The Sioux Empire." Makes me want to go buy an ottoman.) I haven't actually gotten in to see the falls of Sioux, but they do exist. I wonder if they're wearing a robe and crown or something.

Cheers,
Meredith

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Hey there, Meredith. Thanks for visiting my site last night, and for commenting.

Yes, I do have the type of you day your describing - all too often, unfortunately. It can always be put down to a lack of proper sleep on my part. I really do need about 7-8 hours a night in order to be functional and fresh for the the following day, yet I always seem to punish myself by staying up too late, and perhaps only getting 4-5 hours of shut-eye.

Maybe, someday, I'll learn.